It’s hard to take your own advice. Today, I will suck it up and do it!
Here’s the story – shortened for your benefit!
- My 2008 Mini Cooper broke its engine two and a half months ago, shortly after the warranty ran out.
- My local mechanic looked at it and sent it to the dealer.
- There was a one month delay in getting parts.
- Mini Canada and USA were no help.
- Since it broke 400 miles from home, I have over $1,000 in rental cars – no loaners were available.
- Went to pick it up 2 weeks ago and there was a puddle of oil under it! Yikes.
- Apparently a turbo clamp went missing – everybody says somebody else has it.
- Can’t buy just a clamp, need to buy a new turbo!
- I found a used turbo and clamp on E-bay.
- Should be ready Monday – actually Tuesday now.
- Tuesday, got the call, the oil line is broke too – need to order a part.
- Promised first thing Wednesday.
- Sorry, part came in late, need to make sure it works, how about Thursday?
I could just blow a gasket myself and go ballistic on everybody.
Or follow my own good advice – let it go, pay the bill and have a nice day.
Whatever the frustrations are, they are MY frustrations and they don’t do ME any good by hanging on to them!
I have let them go – good bye!
Thanks for listening.
P.S. Anybody heading towards Potter County, PA this weekend? I might need a ride home 😛