Many business owners desperately seek methods to attract new customers.
Consider businesses you frequent
Why are you a loyal customer?
Business owners can often see areas for improvement in their business by considering their interactions with other successful businesses.
Get back to business basics
Following the Golden Rule of Business, here are a few ways to improve your relationship with your existing customers.
– Deliver what you promise – consistently. Whether it’s a product or service, give your customers exactly what they want, and if you’re not sure – ask.
– Deliver when you promise. It’s easy for customers to become irritated when waiting for your product or service.
– Respond to inquiries in a timely fashion. You don’t want your loyal customers feeling frustrated and neglected.
– Remember that there are no stupid business questions. Aspects of your business that might be obvious to you as the business owner might not be as evident to your customers.
– Ask for feedback on how you can better serve your customers, and most importantly – follow through on this feedback.
– Make your customers feel special – because they are! Offer your loyal existing customers a ‘sneak peek’ at new products. Consider creating a referral reward plan, or simply just thank them for their continued support.
– Address customer service issues immediately and honestly. Often customers who’ve had a service issue resolved satisfactorily will become a more loyal advocate for your business than a customer who didn’t even have a problem.
What makes you return to a business time and again? Please leave a comment below.