- September 4, 2018
- Posted by: Paul Foster
- Categories: Business growth help, Business inspiration
Just about every business owner has goals. How do they become a reality?
Here are some tips to increase the probability you will achieve your goal.
1) Write it down – It sounds obvious, but until it is committed to paper it is only a dream.
A dream becomes a goal when you write it down
2) State it the positive – For example, instead of saying, ‘I want to lose 10 pounds’, you say, ‘I would like to become a healthy weight of …’
Your brain has trouble with negatives and could misunderstand the goal. Maybe you have played golf and thought, ‘don’t go in the water, don’t go in the water…’ and your ball went right in the water – That’s why it is better to state your goal in the positive, ‘I allow my ball to land in the fairway’.
3) State the goal in the NOW – Rework the goal to be phrased like you are have accomplished it already. For example, ‘I allow myself to enjoy a balance between life and work’ is better than, ‘I want to work fewer hours by the end of June’.
4) Place your written goal where you can read it to yourself daily for 30 days. I put mine on the mirror in the bathroom so that I can read it and restate it to myself every morning.
Do you have a goal setting and achieving secret? Let us know, we’d love to share it.