- March 26, 2020
- Posted by: Paul Foster
- Category: Business activities management, Business advisory service, Innovative Business Strategies
I suspect we all have a little more free time than we would like during these challenging days.
How do we make good use of the time? How do we break out of the coronavirus funk?
We assume you still have a “to do list” which you can work on remotely? These are likely the same things you avoided when you were overworked!
Tasks such as:
- Gather your tax documents
- Organize your finances – insurance policies, will, other important documents
- Delete thousands of old emails from your inbox
- Update and manage your password database
- Learn a new business skill/topic, such as refreshing your electronic spreadsheet skills
- Make a short term cashflow projection (using your new spreadsheet skills)
- Read up on pricing and differentiation strategies
- Document that system that is still in your head (but use Siri to dictate instead of typing it out)
We also know from experience that the list can still be paralysing so the next step is key:
Pick the most important task and start it. Just determine the next action to take in working towards completing the most important task and do it.
Action solves anxiety and the motivation to continue with happen after you commit to completing these tasks.
So just start and it will energize you to keep going!