- December 19, 2017
- Posted by: Liz Grady
- Category: Digital Marketing Strategies, Improve Customer Service Tips, Improving Customer Service Strategies
Whether you’ve had a positive or negative experience with a business, as a business owner, you know the importance of online reviews.
Are you contributing to the conversation? Do you review businesses online?
Here are a few tips when reviewing businesses:
- Leave more than just a star rating – while a good rating is fantastic, written reviews have more value to the business and others looking to make a purchase decision.
- Be concise – Share your experience in a few sentences when possible.
- Practice compassion – Perhaps you had terribly slow service, but was there an understandable reason why? Was the poor experience due to uncaring staff or due to something beyond their control?
- Be constructive – Stating something like, “the food was terrible”, doesn’t help the business or others who are reading the review. Try instead to be precise, “the food was cold and underseasoned”.
- Watch your language – Reviews with poor grammar or bad language will not have the same impact as a few well-written sentences. Instead, the person leaving the review will be viewed as uneducated, irrational and bitter.
- Treat others how you’d like to be treated – Often customers jump at the opportunity to air their grievances with poor customer service, but businesses and others benefit from positive reviews as well. Take the time to spread some happiness.
If you would like help for your business to take control of its online presence, please reach out to us: email@example.com