Tag Archives: service based business
As business owners, we sometimes forget how many years of school, real life experience or both are involved in being able to share our talent, and the value given. Continue reading
Many new businesses focus on determining their market. It is better to drill down in the marketplace and discover the specific groups of customers based on their needs and frustrations. Continue reading
When business owners analyze customer service problems, they often uncover opportunities to improve customer & employee satisfaction and increase profits. Continue reading
Are you pricing to the 10% of customers that are never happy? You tend to hear the 10% crowd loud and clear when they complain, but forget that the other 90% are happy. Continue reading
If you give someone a ‘deal’, you could sell more than if you didn’t – But instead of giving a discount on price, have you considered adding value instead? Continue reading
Is your sales staff educated in all aspects of the products or services your business offers? Their knowledge can improve the experience of a customer making a purchase decision! An educated and confident consumer is your best potential customer. Continue reading
One of the challenges that face business owners is increasing prices within their business. The pricing discussion is therefore critically important and directly affects the business’s profits. It is worthwhile to consider the following facts about pricing and differentiation. Continue reading
I recently happened to meet a client of mine who specializes in parking lot repairs inspecting a job, – but this job was done by a competitor.
As we stopped to chat, he was clearly upset he lost the job. He felt he should have won the contract, but didn’t.
Since he is golfer, I suggested we compare this scenario to Rory McIlroy and his Master’s golf loss. I asked, “Why don’t you look at this job as the Masters and your business as Rory McIlroy?” Continue reading
In the old days, your business was either a “product” based business or a “service” based business. The traditional furniture store sells a product: furniture. The traditional law firm sells a service: the lawyer’s time. To be a successful furniture … Continue reading